The long-awaited follow-up to the “Jim Peterik’s World Stage” album, “Winds of Change”, is set for release through Frontiers on April 26, 2019.
The album features brand new songs by Peterik (Survivor, Pride of Lions) in collaboration with a who’s who of melodic rock’s greatest superstars, including Kevin Chalfant (ex-The Storm), Dennis DeYoung (ex-Styx), Matthew and Gunnar Nelson, Kelly Keagy (Night Ranger), Lars Safsund and Robert Sall (Work Of Art), Toby Hitchcock (Pride Of Lions), Danny Vaughn (Tyketto), Mike Reno (Loverboy), Kevin Cronin (REO Speedwagon), Jason Scheff (ex-Chicago), and a very special previously unreleased track by the late, great Jimi Jamison.
Watch the Official Music Video for “Proof Of Heaven” by Jim Peterik & World Stage feat. Dennis DeYoung here:
“Since the success of my first World Stage album back in 2001 and countless shows since, I have wanted to create a new musical legacy with this format,” says Jim. “Listening to voices blending as one has always inspired me, going back to the Beatles and other great vocal groups. I have always considered myself as much a fan of great bands and artists as I am an artist myself, so a project like World Stage is a dream come true since I get to pay homage to those whose music I love, by writing and performing with them. With “Winds Of Change” I was honored to work with some of the best, adapting my writing and production styles to fit a particular act. Many of the songs were actually co- written with the artists appearing too.”
“I am a rabid fan of every artist on the album and it was such a thrill to try and bring out their best essence, but for me the most touching moment of this record is reviving an amazing lost track by the late great Jimi Jamison. As I mixed the new version, it was again like having Jimi in the studio with me as his stunning voice came through the monitors. There was not a dry eye in the room. With “Love You All Over The World”, his spirit is still with us all,” adds Peterik.
1. Winds Of Change (featuring Danny Chauncey and Don Barnes of .38 Special)
2. Without A Bullet Being Fired (featuring Mike Reno of Loverboy)
3. Proof Of Heaven (featuring Dennis DeYoung)
4. Sometimes You Just Want More (featuring Kevin Chalfant)
5. Home Fires (featuring Toby Hitchcock of Pride of Lions)
6. Just For You (featuring Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon)
7. The Hand I Was Dealt (featuring Danny Vaughn of Tyketto)
8. Where Eagles Dare (featuring Lars Safsund and Robert Sall of Work of Art)
9. I Will What I Want (featuring Kelly Keagy of Night Ranger)
10. You’re Always There (featuring Jason Scheff)
11. Avalanche (featuring Gunnar and Matt Nelson)
12. Love You All Over The World (featuring Jimi Jamison)
Get your copy here!
Jim Peterik- Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals
Mike Aquino- Guitar- Lead And Rhythm
Ed Breckenfeld- Drums And Percussion
Dave Kelly- Drums
Colin Peterik- Drums
Klem Hayes- Bass
Bill Syniar- Bass
Bob Lizik- Bass
Jeff Lantz- Orchestral Arrangement Of “You’re Always There”